Chemical Peels can improve the skin‘s appearance. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which makes it peel off. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
Chemical Peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands. They can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
Areas of sun damage may improve after chemical peeling.
After a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day. It should say “broad-spectrum” on the label, meaning it protects against the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. Limit your time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., and wear a wide-brimmed hat.
3 types of chemical peels are used: Glycolic Acid and Salicilic Acid and VI Peel. All of them have got precise indications.
We ask for an initial evaluation to get to know your case well and design a custom treatment plan for you. To get an initial evaluation appointment you can call our phone 479-419-9955 and ask to be treated by Dr. Suarez or you can BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE here: