Alternative Pain Management
According to Wikipedia, Pain is a distressing feeling often caused by intense or damaging stimuli, such as stubbing a toe, burning a finger, putting alcohol on a cut, and bumping the “funny bone”. Because it is a complex, subjective phenomenon, defining pain has been a challenge. The International Association for the Study of Pain’s widely used definition states: “Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage.” In medical diagnosis, pain is a symptom.
There are 2 types of pain,
- Acute: Happens when you sprain a muscle, break a bone. Responds to medication, physical therapy, manual manipulation, acupuncture.
It can get treated effectively and you should expect it to go away.
- Chronic: Happens when pain persists for months. At that point, pain get very difficult to treat. It will require a team to work with you. You may not be able to make it go away. Sometimes instead of focusing on pain levels, doctors focus on levels of function of the patient.
In Springdale Health Integrative clinic we are able to do Natural and Alternative Pain Management with many of our specialties:
- Medical Acupuncture: We are the premier Medical Acupunture site in NW Arkansas. We are able to treat our patients with or without needles. We can treat with pellets, needles or laser. Our areas of specialty are pain and anxiety, but we can treat more conditions with this technique. In addition to Medical Acupuncture, we are able to complement its results with Chinese Herbals.
- Prolotherapy: We are able help the body heal by injecting dextrose and generating localized inflammation on the area of pain.
- Stem Cell/PRP therapy: With the use of cutting edge Harvest technology we are able to concentrate Stem Cells and Growth factors of your own blood and reinject them to the areas of pain to enhance healing from within.
- Trigger Point Injections: Are injections to treat muscle contraction and myofascial tightness.
- HealingMat: Treatment with far infrared.
- *We will require a consult prior to any of these procedures.
- **All of these procedures are NOT covered by insurance.
- ***Please contact us at : 479-419-9955.